I promised myself I would do some baking and some projects over the long weekend, and I did it! I baked these coconut flour biscuits. These were so simple to make and they turned out really well. They reminded us of these cornbread muffins, but grain- and gluten-free, which made Mr. A very happy.
|this is what they looked like before I popped them in the oven (I shaped them into little discs)|
We had them with my mom's amazing homemade blackberry jam.
Here's the recipe!
Coconut Flour Biscuits
adapted from The Gluten-Free Homemaker
makes 12 biscuits
- ½ cup melted coconut oil (I just popped the coconut oil in the microwave for 10 seconds)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a larger bowl, beat together the coconut oil, eggs, and honey (we used a whisk).
- Add the flour mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Shape into disks approximately 1/2 inch thick and 2½ inches in diameter. They will spread a little, but you can definitely fit 12 on one large cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes until golden brown on top.
- I put them on a wire rack to cool, but you can eat them almost immediately. They're super-delicious when they're warm.