I recently stumbled on a super easy way of cutting and peeling an avocado, so I thought I'd share it with you in the hopes that it was make your life a little easier too. :) (Especially now that's avocado season and you can get them at a great price and make lots of yummy guacamole with them).
Ok, here are the steps:
1) Cut the avocado horizontally, all the way around the pit.
2) Open it up using a twisting motion, and it should look like this:
3) Leaving the avocado on the board, score it like so, with you knife:
4) Using a spoon, scoop out the avocodo, staying as close to the peel as possible.
5) When you're done with that, your peel should look like this, and the avocado pieces should be in your bowl or plate:
6) To get the pit out of the other half, put your knife into the pit, like so. Hold the avocado in one hand and the knife in the other and twist.
7) The pit will stay attached to the knife and pop out easily.
8) Follow steps 3-5 on this half and you're done!
You're now ready to make some really tasty guacamole! :)