May 18, 2013
(gluten-free) sweet potato pancakes
Mr. A made these pancakes last weekend. They are seriously amazing. Please try them. Please.
Why are these pancakes awesome?
1) They literally only have 3 ingredients
2) They're gluten free
2) They taste like delicious clouds made of sweet potato, you'll see what I mean when you try them
Here's the recipe!
Sweet Potato Pancakes
1 sweet potato, microwaved for 4 minutes until soft
1/4 tsp cinnamon and/or nutmeg
1) Scoop out the sweet potato flesh. Set aside and let cool a little.
2) Separate the egg yolks and egg whites. Add the egg yolks to the sweet potato and the spice, and puree with a hand blender or a blender.
3) Whisk the egg whites with a whisk until you have soft peaks formed.
4) Fold the sweet potato mixture with the egg whites.
5) Spray a griddle or a pan with cooking spray and put on medium heat. Spoon the batter onto the griddle. Let the pancake cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
6) Serve hot with maple syrup.