It was Wednesday night and my turn to cook! The cooking process begins by consulting with the Kitchen HQ (me and Mrs. A).
We had a head of cauliflower in the fridge, so my mission was to turn that not very exciting vegetable into a delicious soup.
After a quick "Google" (TM) search, I found a nice recipe that I based this dinner on. See the the original here.
Indian Spice Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (a key substitution from the original canola oil)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (this is a mix of Indian spices you can find at pretty much all grocery stores these days)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (whoops, didn't have that, so I used ground cumin - the seeds would probably be better)
- 1 onion, sliced (hopefully you know what an onion is)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or more!)
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets (the pieces should be able the size of a grape)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup yogurt